CreatePolicy Attached Business Rule (ABR) Always Uses the Global Policy Screen Version Instead of Plan Override
(Doc ID 2988296.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11 version, Client Level Activity
CreatePolicy ABR always uses the Global Policy Screen version, and not the Plan override in context.
When running the Create Policy ABR on a specific Plan it is using the Global Policy Screen config instead of the Plan Level override.
This is causing Fields to be either missed or improperly added due to not being needed for a specific Plan in the system.
Unable to combine all necessary fields to the Global Screen config as it would create extra records for fields that are not needed on specific plan types.
CreatePolicy ABR would load the correct Plan override (based on context), when creating the applicable Policy Fields.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a PolicyScreen Override for a given Plan, and have Field(s) that are not in the Global Screen.
2. Attach CreatePolicy to a Transaction contained in the Plan from Step 1.
3. Run the Transaction to create a new Policy.
4. The resulting Policy will have the Fields from the Global version of PolicyScreen, not the Plan override in context.
5. Also the Plan Specific Fields from Step 1 would not be created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document