Plan Recommends Planned Orders For Safety Stock Too Early
(Doc ID 304282.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.8 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. New plant is going live and uses safety stock very heavily.
-- Safety Stocks are NOT MRP Planned
Customer describes as follows:
The Plan is recommending discrete jobs for safety stock in the future but suggesting a release date of today for one of our organizations.
230 unnecessary discrete jobs have been recommended, which is causing the planners to lose confidence in the results from the plan.
Found 3 example inventory items that show this problem.
The items have sufficient on-hand in this and next weekly bucket to fulfill safety stock, and there are not demands to diminish it, yet Planning is recommending for us to create discrete jobs today(sysdate) for the safety stock and pegging it to it.
Item setup screen shots show the leadtimes, order modifiers, etc which are part of the calculation of when to start a planned order.
Screen shots of the pegging help see how the order and the onhand quantities are pegged.
Horizontal plan for the suspect bucket shows that there is enough available of this item to fulfill the gross requirements and have enough left over for safety stock yet the plan is recommending a plan order to purchase more for the safety stock .
2. The plan shows that safety stock is being planned early.
-- safety stock example in screen shots shows that planned order is for today
-- pegging show it is pegged to safety stock and also to planned orders for 06-APR and 13-APR
-- Current on hand is pegged to forecast and sales order up 06-APR
3. Safety stock profile settings
- MSO: Supply Reschedule Window Size for Safety Stock Pegging ** Not Set At Any Level **
- MSC: Split Planned Order to perform safety stock pegging 1
- MSC: Smoothing method to calculate Safety stock within Chang 2
- MSC: Safety Stock Project ** Not Set At Any Level **
- MSC: Maximum Percentage variation in safety stock values ** Not Set At Any Level **
- MSC: Minimum Percentage variation in safety stock values 0
4. All HLS and MBP dat files uploaded as described in Note 245974.1 so that an investigation can be performed.
-- also includes screen shots and
-- apscheck.sql output with profiles and file versions
5. mslflp.ppc 115.92.1158.104 2004/06/22
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!