OGL EPF: Dimension Hierarchies Do Not ‘Allow Multiple Tops’ When Enabled
(Doc ID 342739.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2007
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Performance Foundation - Version: 11.5.10 to 12.0.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
OGL EPF Data Integration
"Checked for relevance on 24-AUG-2007"
In the Line Item Dimension Hierarchy definition process:
During Step 1 'Create Definition' the option ‘Allow Multiple Tops’ was selected. Two defined Levels were chosen in Step 2 'Select Levels'. The Members associated with the two Levels should appear as selection options for Root Node in Step 5 'Select Root Node', however only the Members associated with one of the chosen Levels is available to select as Root Node.
The problem does not only occur in the Line Item Dimension as per the above example. This issue can be duplicated in other dimensions as well (i.e. Cost Center Dimension).
The problem can be overcome by performing the following steps:
1. Selecting the available Root Node Member in Step 5 of the Dimension Hierarchy definition
process, and then navigating back (using the back button) to the form in Step 2 ‘Select Level’.
2. De-selecting all previous Levels and select only one new Level.
3. Proceed back to Step 5 ‘Select Root Nodes’ by clicking ‘Next’ button on each form. You
will now be able to add an additional Root Node.
When 'Allow Multiple Tops' is enabled and more than one Dimension Level has been chosen the Root Node selection block should display all Dimension Members that have been associated with the chosen Dimension Levels.
1. Start up as a FEM Super User and choose the EPF Administrator responsibility. Select the Configuration Rules tab and then select the Line Item dimension
1. Create multiple Line Item Dimension Levels.
2. Create multiple Line Item Dimension Members.
3. Define the Line Item Dimension Hierarchy.
3.1 Create the Hierarchy Definition. Enable 'Allow Multiple Tops'.
3.2 Select Levels. Select more than one Level as multiple tops are required.
3.3 Create the Version.
3.4 Select the Root Nodes. Only Members of a single Level is available for selection as the Root Node.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document