Firming Planned Orders at the Finished Good Level Pulls in Planned Order for Component
(Doc ID 362786.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
A planned order for a finished good (FG) is firmed and the due dates are pulled to within the planning time fence.
If the plan is regenerated, it pulls in the due date of the component as well within the planning time fence.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Finished Good (FG) has a PTF of 20 days.
Bulk Component has a PTF of 20 days.
2. Run a constrained plan for the first time. All the planned orders for FG and Bulk are created outside the PTF of 20 days.
3. The FG planner then pulls in the due dates on the planned orders and firms the planned orders. The new due dates are within the planning time fence.
4. The plan is run again (Overwrite = No).
5. The planners workbench shows that the new dates on the planner orders for FG is within the PTF. However, the plan is also pulling in the due dates of the component (Bulk) to align with the FG due date.
When the due dates of the component are pulled in it by the plan, it is violating the PTF on the component.
Note: There is a raw material below the bulk. The planned orders for the bulk is pulled in but the purchase requisition for the raw material is not being pulled in.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document