The Distributed Quantity Is Exceeding Available Quantity
(Doc ID 383117.1)
Last updated on MAY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.2 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 16.0.1 to 16.0.2 [Release 16.0]
Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 10.3.8 to 10.3.9 [Release 10.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
If the stock order is for a quantity more than what the warehouse or stores for that particular item at that point; the distribution happens for the ordered quantity. If the ordered quantity is more than the available inventory in the warehouse and the INFINITE_INVENTORY parameter is set to "N", the distribution is expected to happen according to the available inventory.
Steps To Recreate:
- Create item with infinite_inventory = N.
- Ensure that SCP pick_existing = N.
- Have 120 units in Forward Picking Location (FPL) and 84 units (2 cases) as inbound with CD picks.
- In reserve, have one pallet with 7 cases of 42 units each. 2 cases are associated to CD picks above.
- Create stock allocation for 600 units.
- Select and run the wave.
- Notice that all 600 units are distributed, whereas only 294+120=414 units are available in the warehouse.
- It is expected that 414 units would be distributed, and 186 logged in UNFILLED_ALLOCATIONS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document