The Batch DTESYS.PC is Updating the Value of SYSTEM_VARIABLES.NEXT_EOM_DATE_UNIT as Per the 454 Calendar, Even if We are Using the Gregorian Calendar
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 11.0.6 to 11.0.10 [Release 11]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 21-Feb-2012
Checked for relevance July 2013
On RMS 11.0.x, when attempting to run the batch HSTMTHUPD.PC on the last day of the month, the following error occurs:
no data found~You are attempting the end-of-month run but the system date is not the next scheduled end-of-month.
Steps To Recreate :
1. Set CALENDAR_454_IND = ‘C’ and STOCK_LEDGER_TIME_LEVEL_CODE = ‘M’ in SYSTEM_OPTIONS.
2. Set the CALENDAR table to hold values according to Gregorian calendar
3. Run dtesys, set VDATE to end of month date.
4. Check the values of LAST_EOM_DATE_UNIT and NEXT_EOM_DATE_UNIT, which are updated by dtesys, in SYSTEM_VARIABLES. Notice that the values are populated according to 454 calendar and not for the Gregorian calendar.
5. Run hstmthupd
6. It fails with an error message: “You are attempting the end-of-month run but the system date is not the next scheduled end-of-month”.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms