OGL EPF Error Creating Budget Balance Rule When Budget Is Open
(Doc ID 394176.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 27, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Performance Foundation - Version: 11.5.10
This problem can occur on any platform.
Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting - Version: 11.5.10
OGL EPF Data Integration
In Enterprise Performance Foundation Administrator, when trying to create a new Budget Balance Rule, the following error occurs when trying to complete the rule creation wizard:
The budget <budget name> could not be created in Enterprise Performance Foundation. Please check your General Ledger setup and ensure that at least one budget year has been opened, and that the Calendar Engine has been run for this ledger's calendar.
As a result, you cannot create a Budget Balance Rule.
The budget referenced in the error message has at least one budget year open.
Steps to Replicate:
- Go to "Enterprise Performance Foundation Administrator"
- Go to "Data Rules" → "Oracle Data Sources" → "GL Balances"
- Click "Create"
- On the "Define Rule" step, select "Budget"
- On the "Add Version" step, select "Incremental Update"
- On the "Select Balancing Segment Values" step, select "All"
- On the "Define Budget Balances Options" step, click on "Add Budget" and select a budget
- On the "Review" step, click "Finish" and the error appears.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document