Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2009
Applies to:Oracle Profitability Manager - Version: 11.5.9 to 11.5.10
This problem can occur on any platform.
Users notice that if they use a specific hierarchy in a Mapping Rule, if they use this hierarchy as part of a local condition, when they try to update the definition, they notice in the "Step 2: Relation" wizard, the get an error:
"No data exists"
The navigation path is as follows:
1) they used a Natural Account Hierarchy, No Level, Open, Standard
2) Create a Mapping Rule, Formula Type Simple Source On Allocation
3) In the Update Formula Screen, click Update, this allows you to Update Source
4) Create a Local Condition
5) Add Dimension Component
6) Dimension column is Natural Account
7) click Update Definition
8) When the Step1: dimension Component Type Wizard comes up make your selections and then select the Hierarchy radio button.
9) Select the Natural Account Hierarchy that you created in Step 1 (No Level, Open, Standard)
10) select the version
11) when the Step 2: Relation screen comes up, select a node and Relation (for example: Last Descendants Of)
12) select your component Definition (hierarchy name)
14) The problem is here:
if you go back and later try to update the Local Condition --> Update Definition --> your Step 2: Relation screen is now blank, you will see the error message "No Data Exists"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms