Inconsistent Use of Object_Name Versus Definition Display_Name
(Doc ID 415735.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Profitability Manager - Version: 11.5.10
This problem can occur on any platform.
On FEM.D.1 Rollup #2, in the Mapping Rule UI, the LOV for dimension component displays the
FEM_OBJECT_DEFINITION_TL.DISPLAY_NAME while on the Dimension Component Definition screen, the
FEM_OBJECT_CATALOG_TL.OBJECT_NAME is displayed. If there is a mismatch between the
FEM_OBJECT_DEFINITION_TL.DISPLAY_NAME and FEM_OBJECT_CATALOG_TL.OBJECT_NAME for the dimension component, as will happen after import when the FEM_OBJECT_DEFINITION_TL.DISPLAY_NAME is prepended with an (Import), an error occurs when validating the dimension component against the LOV values.
The error displayed:
1. Row 1 Error - Either a value or dimension component should be specified.
2. Row 1 Component Definition - Select a valid value.
Expect the use of the dimension component to be consistent between LOV and
mapping rule so no errors occur.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Export/Import a mapping rule
2. Attempt to change the dimension component by bringing up LOV
3. Choose an '(Import)' dimension component
3. Attempt to save mapping rule
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!