Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 11.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance July 2013
When the cost discrepancy on an invoice for warehouse is resolved using "Receiver Cost Adjustment Order and Receipt Only" as resolution action, the following error occurs in the "Cost Variance Resolution" screen:
Steps to Reproduce:
In Retail Merchandising System (RMS):
1. Create an order with at least one item and location as Warehouse.
2. Receive the order.
In Retail Invoice Matching (ReIM):
1. From ReIM Main Menu, go to Document Maintenance tab.
2. On Document Maintenance tab, go to Document Search.
3. On Document Search Screen, select action as 'New' and document type as 'Merchandise Invoice'. Click OK.
4. On the Document Maintenance Header Screen, enter the order number, location, supplier, and invoice number for the order created in step 1. Enter a Total Merchandise Cost more than that of the Order cost. Click on Details.
5. On the Document Maintenance Detail screen, click on Default from Order. Then change the cost of the items defaulted from the order, to adjust it with the Total Merchandise cost in the header.
Click OK in the details screen and header screen. This will create the invoice in Ready for Match status.
6. Run AutoMatchService batch. Note that the Invoice is set to Unmatched status.
7. On Invoice Matching tab, click on Cost Review List link.
8. On the Cost Review List Screen, select the Order created in Step 1 from the order drop down.
9. Click on Number of Lines Exception link.
10. On the Cost Review Detail Screen, click on the item.
11. On Cost Selection screen, the default Unit Cost will be Order Cost. Click on Next.
12. On the Cost Variance Resolution Screen enter the Reason with Action as 'Receiver Cost Adjustment Order and Receipt Only'. Enter the amount such that the outstanding variance becomes 0. Click Apply.
13. Click OK to save the resolution and notice an error message: 'Cannot perform insert'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms