Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After Launching the ASCP Plan , find that the plan is not considering Safety Stock information when generating planned order. However, the launched plan were only considering safety stock information for six items, and neglecting the other 800 items.
Safety stock information has been defined for the items in Item Master. Data Collection also has
collected the safety stock information for all those items. However, launch plan only consider
safety stock for only six items from about 900 items. The configuration has been checked and
compared between the considered and non-considered items and there are actually no difference
between the items.
The Safety Stocks which were being considered, were the latest ones defined in the current Calendar Year. The ones defined in the previous Calendar Year was not getting considered.
Expect to see the Safety Stock information in plan for all items
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
(1) Set the safety stock configuration in Item Master, at "General Planning" tab, select "Safety
Stock Method" as "NON-MRP Planned".
(2) Open "Enter Item Safety Stock" form, find the item code then enter the Safety Stock
(3) Perform Step (1) and (2) for all items.
(4) Perform other planning activities, including: Forecasting, Setting Approved Supplier List,
Sourcing Rule, Assigning Sourcing Rule, Setting Blanket Purchase Agreement, etc.
(4) Perform Data Collection.
(5) Define ASCP Plan Option, tick the "Plan Safety Stock" option.
(6) Launch ASCP Plan.
(7) Open Plan Workbench
(8) Select the specified plan and open "Item"
(9) Click "Safety Stock" button to see the safety stock information for the item.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms