MTA Application Core Dumps With PIN_FLIST_SORT
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 01-May-2010***
**Checked for relevance on 13-Aug-2012***
Following observations were made with respect to an issue with a user-created MTA application :
* Sometimes (not always) the application dumps a core, and fails.
* This happens with the same input data.
* Sometimes the application finishes without any errors.
* This issue did not happen with only one thread.
* Examined the core file with the debugger dbx, it always displays the line with the sorting opcode PIN_FLIST_SORT .
Is the PIN_FLIST_SORT function, a multi-thread safe function?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms