Last updated on MARCH 21, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Profitability Manager - Version: 11.5.10 to 12.0.4
This problem can occur on any platform.
In Profitability Manager, release 11.5.10 and 12.0.4, you are creating a hierarchy Dimension Component within a Condition for a Mapping Rule. The hierarchy is very large and you must use the "Search Nodes" button to find specific nodes. You use "Search Nodes" to search for a node, select the node, and enter a relation. When you go back to view your current node selections, you see that all of the previous node selections are gone and the only one listed is the last node you entered using the Search Nodes button. Entering a node relation using the "Search Nodes" window appears to erase all other defined node relations. The interface only saves the values that are visible on the web page when you click Apply.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Go to Profitability Manager
- Go to Business Rule > Condition > Create
- Click on the Dimension Component button
- Select a dimension and create a Dimension Component that uses a Hierarchy
- Select some nodes and enter values for those nodes
- Apply and View the dimension component to ensure the nodes are saved
- Update the dimension component
- Use the "Search Nodes" button to find a node
- Select and enter a value for that node
- Click on Apply to save the Dimension Component
- Go back and view the dimension component
The dimension component now only has the node definition for the node selected in the "Search Nodes" window. All other node definitions have been erased.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms