Getting Intermitent Sql Exception: Failed To Fetch Generic Acct Info: Ora-06550: Line 1 Column13 When Checking Database Connectivity
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Clinical Remote Data Capture Option - Version: 4.5.0 to 4.5.3
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
On 4.5.2 in Production:
When attempting to check the database connection with the following URL
nlsMode=NLS&prodMode=P", using a database user account having just the 'CREATE SESSION' system privilege, the following error occurs:
SQL exception: failed to fetch generic acct info: ORA-06550: line 1, column
13:PLS-00201:identifier 'PKSIGB' must be decalred ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL:SQL: Statement
ignored Connect URL:jdbc:oracle:thin:@OCP20.qstr.quintiles.com:1521:OCP20
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new database test user
2. Grant only the 'create session' system privilege to this user
3. Attempt to test database connectivity using the URL below (for the first time after the database server is restarted - to ensure that no cached connections exist at this point)
This attempt will result in the same error occuring:
SQL exception: Failed to fetch generic acct info: ORA-06550: line 1, column 13: PLS-00201: identifier 'PKSIGB' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored
4. Connect using a user that does not error out - i.e. a valid application user
5. Retry using the test user - this time the test will be successful!
This is happening because in step 4 a connection was successfully created for Entry Description: <jdbc:oracle:thin:@<db-tier>:<port>:<sid>_P>, then it was cached, and later reused in step 5.
6. If at this point (when connectivity test is successful for the test user in production - P mode) the mode is changed to test - T in the above URL, the same SQL Exception mentioned in step 3 will occur.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms