Multiple Cycle Arrear Events Created When Rate Plan Selector Is Used
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 126.96.36.199.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
When have fm_rate cycle_arrear_proration and fm_subscription rate_change set to 1 in CM
pin.conf, rate plan is a Rate Plan Selector and the event is a cycle arrear, the bill appears with
N cycle arrears events, where N is the number of rate plan in product.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Create a product with a cycle arrear event and a Rate Plan Structure = Rate Plan Selector. Create multiple Rate Plan for the cycle arrear event. Each Rate Plan has 2 tiers. Specify absolute date and time for Start/End date for Effective Date in the Rate Plan Properties dialog box for each tier.
2) Create a Deal associate to this product.
3) Create a Plan with the service of product but without Deals. Just the Service.
4) Set 1 to "fm_subscription rate_change" flag in CM pin.conf and restart services.
5) Purchase the Plan created in the Step 3) and set the value needed to the rate plan defined in the Step 1).
6) Purchase the Deal created in step 2.
7) Use pin_virtual_time to move one month further then do pin_bill_day.
8) Verify the number of cycle arrear events.
It should be only 1 but it is multiple.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms