ORA-01918: User Does Not Exist Generated When Trying To Perform A Delete User Operation
(Doc ID 559846.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:Adverse Event Reporting System - Version: 4.5.2
This problem can occur on any platform.
In AERS 4.5.2, when attempting to delete an existing user from "Maintenance"/"Administration Console" section of AERS 4.5.2 application, the following error occurs:
"An error occurred while deleting AERS user: ORA-01918: user 'PEELERR' does not exist ORA-06512:
at "ENSITE.AERS_DROP_USER", line 12 ORA-06512: at "ENSITE.AERSW_PORTALIF", line 2279"
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to AERS 4.5.2 application as SUPERUSER;
2. From main menu select "Maintenance"/"Administrator Console";
3. In User Profile tab from Administrator Console select GLOBAL_SAFETY group;
4. Select "Actions"/"Create New User", specify the User ID and check the "Full Privileges" option;
5. Press "Create User" button;
6. From "Actions"/"Manage User Roles" assign all available roles to the new created user,
excepting the AERS_ADMINISTRATORS, and DMNT_USER_SEC_MOD_ENRL roles;
7. For the new created user set the Default Task to ADMIN, and Default Browse Mode to BRW-DEFAULT;
8. Save the performed changes;
9. Login to AERS Portal with the User ID created at step 4;
10. Open AERS application;
11. Open "Maintenance"/"Administrator Console";
12. From User Profile tab, open GLOBAL_SAFETY group;
13. Select an user from the list and press "Actions"/"Delete User";
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!