Invallid Bill Refund
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
One would expect a bill to be refunded even if total due of the account is positive.The expectation is to generate a bill refund on a credit bill's credit amount.
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR :
If there is bill object present in the input flist to op_bill_item_refund, then bill refund works at billinfo level rather than bill level
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR :
If there is bill object present in the input flist, then bill refund should work at bill level rather than billinfo level
Sample scenario to see the issue:
1) Create an account with Customer Center, with a dummy plan (/service/ip, no deal).
2) Purchase a Product (standard Cycle Forward) 20 EUROS.
3) Run bill_now ( Bill B-1 generated for 20 EUROS)
4) Subscribe a Product to create credit item on the current bill ( -10 EUROS )
5) Make Bill_now (Bill B-2 generated for -10 EUROS).
6) Make Refund on last Bill with below flist :
0 PIN_FLD_POID POID  0.0.0.1 /account 2532224 0
0 PIN_FLD_PROGRAM_NAME STR  "Manual test"
0 PIN_FLD_BILL_OBJ POID  0.0.0.1 /bill 2701674 0
- xop: opcode PCM_OP_BILL_ITEM_REFUND, flags 128
# number of field entries allocated 20, used 4
0 PIN_FLD_POID POID  0.0.0.1 /account 2700548 0
0 PIN_FLD_ITEM_OBJ POID  NULL poid pointer
0 PIN_FLD_AMOUNT DECIMAL  0
0 PIN_FLD_RESULT ENUM  1
This refund is not applied, because opcode extracted open items at Bill Unit level (20 EUROS , -10 EUROS) instead of bill level (-10 EUROS). This behavior looks unexpected, and doesn't enable to apply bill refunds on credit bill, regardless of other charges' bills.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms