Invallid Bill Refund
(Doc ID 563281.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 18.104.22.168.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
One would expect a bill to be refunded even if total due of the account is positive.The expectation is to generate a bill refund on a credit bill's credit amount.
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR :
If there is bill object present in the input flist to op_bill_item_refund, then bill refund works at billinfo level rather than bill level
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR :
If there is bill object present in the input flist, then bill refund should work at bill level rather than billinfo level
Sample scenario to see the issue:
1) Create an account with Customer Center, with a dummy plan (/service/ip, no deal).
2) Purchase a Product (standard Cycle Forward) 20 EUROS.
3) Run bill_now ( Bill B-1 generated for 20 EUROS)
4) Subscribe a Product to create credit item on the current bill ( -10 EUROS )
5) Make Bill_now (Bill B-2 generated for -10 EUROS).
6) Make Refund on last Bill with below flist :
0 PIN_FLD_POID POID  0.0.0.1 /account 2532224 0
0 PIN_FLD_PROGRAM_NAME STR  "Manual test"
0 PIN_FLD_BILL_OBJ POID  0.0.0.1 /bill 2701674 0
- xop: opcode PCM_OP_BILL_ITEM_REFUND, flags 128
# number of field entries allocated 20, used 4
0 PIN_FLD_POID POID  0.0.0.1 /account 2700548 0
0 PIN_FLD_ITEM_OBJ POID  NULL poid pointer
0 PIN_FLD_AMOUNT DECIMAL  0
0 PIN_FLD_RESULT ENUM  1
This refund is not applied, because opcode extracted open items at Bill Unit level (20 EUROS , -10 EUROS) instead of bill level (-10 EUROS). This behavior looks unexpected, and doesn't enable to apply bill refunds on credit bill, regardless of other charges' bills.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document