Invallid Bill Refund
(Doc ID 563281.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
One would expect a bill to be refunded even if total due of the account is positive. The expectation is to generate a bill refund on a credit bill's credit amount.
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR :
If there is bill object present in the input flist to op_bill_item_refund, then bill refund works at billinfo level.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR :
If there is bill object present in the input flist, then bill refund should work at bill level.
Sample scenario to see the issue:
1) Create an account with Customer Center, with a dummy plan (/service/ip, no deal).
2) Purchase a Product (standard Cycle Forward) 20 EUROS.
3) Run bill_now ( Bill B-1 generated for 20 EUROS)
4) Subscribe a Product to create credit item on the current bill ( -10 EUROS )
5) Make Bill_now (Bill B-2 generated for -10 EUROS).
6) Make Refund on last Bill with below flist :
This refund is not applied, because opcode extracted open items at Bill Unit level (20 EUROS , -10 EUROS) instead of bill level (-10 EUROS). This behavior looks unexpected, and doesn't enable to apply bill refunds on credit bill, regardless of other charges' bills.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.