ASCP Plan Not Following Any Pattern For Suggesting Cancel/Reschedule Of Purchase Orders
(Doc ID 565248.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Customer is running a Un-Constrained plan , they are observing that all the Past Due Purchase Orders are getting a result (ACTION) which is not interpreted or having a pattern.. i.e.
some of the past due PO's are getting canceled and some are getting rescheduled out. What is also observed that the earliest PO's are getting canceled and some of the later PO's are getting rescheduled out.
A Screen Shot of such behavior is shown below :
Plan Run Date: 05-FEB-2008 07:42:40
Customer Expects ...to see the recommendation logic as follows:
1) Consider all PO lines for that item based on the Promise Date on PO (or Old Due Date in first plan run)
2) Use PO lines with earliest dates to fulfill demand first
3) Recommend to cancel any un-needed PO lines with newest dates
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run a ASCP Plan where there are Past Due Purchase Orders and new demands in the future. ASCP > Plan > Names
2. Review the output in the Planners workbench. Navigation Horizontal plan--> view supply demand for item XX
3. See the above behavior in the results.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document