Two Discounts With Distinct OR Overlapping Validity Dates Are Not Working Correctly
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 22.214.171.124.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
When more than one sequential mode discounts are purchased with different validity dates in the same cycle or with overlapping validity dates in the same cycle, discount is getting calculated incorrectly.
Example scenario :
On Apr/5/2008, The customer purchases a product with cycle forward fee of $ 31
deal also has two discounts
The first discount valid from Jan/01 to Apr/19 (91.03%), and the second one valid from Apr/19 10.38%).
On Apr/5 the system calculates the following event
a) First tier (Apr/5 to Apr/19) $ 14.47 ($31 / 30 * 14)
b) Second tier (Apr/19 to May/5) $ 16.53 ($31 / 30 * 16)
to the first tier ,BRM applies a discount of 91.03% so the first tier has a discount of $-13.17. ($ 14.47 * 91.03%) -- which is Correct.
to the second tier, BRM applies a discount of 10.38% but its calculation is taking a CFE of $ 3.36
instead of $ 16.53. .
This latter discount calculation is wrong because BRM is taking base amount of the second CFE tier
minus the first CFE tier discount.(i.e $ 16.53 - $13.17 = $ 3.36 ), instead second discount should apply on $16.53(prorated second tier fee)
Steps to reproduce :
1) Create an account (Jan/01/2008)
2) Set the DOM to 05 for this account
2) Buy the product P on Jan/01/2008
3) Buy the discount D1 on Jan/01/2008 and cancel it in Apr/19/2008 ( postdated cancel)
4) Buy the discount D2 on Apr/19/2008 with pvt in Jan/01/2008 (postdated purchase/cycle start)
5) Move pvt to Apr/05/2008 and run pin_bill_day
6) Check the discounts applied on CF event , notice that the second discount calculation is wrong.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms