Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 6.7.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-Jan-2012***
1) How check refund impacts the account specified?
2) What are the valid scenarios for check refund? What are the processes to allocate refunds?
3) Kindly discuss the fields in the "Check Refund" batch window and its use. Which Portal tables and fields will be updated or impacted by Check refund fields?
- Bill Number
- Account Number
- Check Date
- Check Number
- Bank Code
- Bank Account Number
- Payment Amount
- Calculated Total
- Specified Total
4) What are the required and optional fields for check refund?
5) For the optional fields, when are the scenarios that those fields are important to have information?
6) At the end of the processing, how to check if the refund is indeed successful? Is there any other files that could be checked aside from the tables/fields in item number #3?
7) What is the check refund impact in GL report? How to validate that entries in GL is correct?
8) There is a 'Bill Number' field that can be filled in during a Check Payment, does populating this field have any impact on the Check Refund. If this field is populated with a valid Bill Number is the bill specified impacted in any way?
9) It is noticed in the test environments that Payment Tool allows for over refunding of a credit. For example if there is a credit balance of $-50, a check refund for $100 can be made, leaving a $50 charge on the account. Is this expected behavior?
10) Is there any way of applying/forcing a Check Refund if an account's balance is positive or zero?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms