Error Running BLE Engine
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Demantra Demand Management - Version 7.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 18-Jun-2012***
On 7.2.0 in Production:
Business Logic Engine (BLE) mechanism does not work correctly using [relative-time-bucket] operator.
The following error occurs.
Message: Fail update.
1. Wrong properties in tables manuals_p_populate or manuals_populate.
2. Failed commit the db, Check the database configuration.
3. Check the validity of seq_action_id.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1.Log into Business modeler using the username and password details.
2.Select the tab Configuration --> Configure series and click on New Series.
3. Create Series1 storage, non-Editable, history, loaded, with no client expression.
4. Create Series2 storage, non-Editable, Forecast, with no server expression, client expression:
5. Create Series3 storage , non-Editable, Forecast, server expression: “sum ( <table_name>
. < Series2_field_name>)”.
6. Create Worksheet for BLE consisting of Series1 and Series2 by lowest levels of Items and
7. Create Workflow of two steps:
First, BLE Step point to Worksheet from Step5,
Second, Stored Procedute Step to execute procedure MANUALS_POPULATE_INS.
8. Finally,ou want to get a Worksheet in addition with two series to represent fact-data by
Series1 from Step3 and calculated data from by Series3 from Step5 means fact-data with one year
shift by time. But the Workflow from Step6 completed failure.
9. After test experiment when client expression of Series2 from Step4 was updated from “Series1
[-12]” into “Series1” the Workflow completed successfully.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot able to use the functionality of Business Logic Engine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms