MSCFNSCW EDD Constrained Plan Uses On Hand For Alternate BOM Before Primary On Hand
(Doc ID 567667.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:MSCFNSCW.FMB - Planner Workbench
On 12.0.4 in Test:
Users are testing primary and alternate BOM component scenarios and how the ASCP plan chooses the on hand to peg to both. They are not using substitutes at all. They've seen results where the alternate BOM component is used when pegging on hand before the primary on hand component is exhausted. From internal research this behavior is supposed to be controlled by profile option MSO: Use Existing Supplies in Alternate BOM/Subs. Comp
Summary of customer testing on R12.0.4. Customer runs Constrained EDD plan with 30 days/7 weeks/3 periods:
A. Profile option MSO: Use Existing Supplies in Alternate BOM/Subs.Comp = 2
The system used the Alternate BOM on hand for the first planned order
The system used the Primary BOM on hand for the second planned order
The system used the Alternate BOM on hand for the third planned order
B. Profile option MSO: Use Existing Supplies in Alternate BOM/Subs.Comp = 0 (which also corresponds to NULL from the notes)
The system used the Primary BOM on hand for the first planned order
The system used the Alternate BOM on hand for the second planned order
The system used the Primary BOM on hand until exhausted on the third planned order
Expect primary BOM on hand to be used up completely first before system uses alternate BOM component on hand
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Primary BOM for a make item with one buy component with on hand
2. Create an Alternate BOM for the same make item in step 1 with one buy alternate component with on hand
3. Create a manual MDS with several entries on the primary end item
4. Run data collections
5. Create an EDD constrained plan and make sure only Use Alternate BOM/Routing is enabled with nothing else in the decision rules.
6. Run the plan with different settings for profile option MSO: Use Existing Supplies in Alternate BOM/Subs.Comp and observe results
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document