Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 27-Oct-2010***
***Checked for relevance on 06-Jan-2014***
When exporting Stock Ledger values or ReSA totals to a financial system (EBS) Oracle Retail
systems send negative values. (fifgldn1, fifgldn2, fifgldn3 and saexpgl)
In financial terms this doesn't make sense because financial systems only deal with absolute
values that will be debit or credit to accounts.
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create some Stock Ledger entry that will have a negative value. E.g Make an Average Cost
adjustment to an item which has Stock-on-hand, and increase its cost price.
2. In TRAN_DATA table a tran_code 70 will be written with a negative value in Total Cost column.
3. Create some GL Cross Reference for this tran_code and for cost value.
4. Run the salstage.pc to place the tran_data information in the IF_TRAN_DATA table.
5. Run the a fifgldn program (ex. fifgldn2) to write information in STG_FIF_GL_DATA table.
6. Verify that the records are entered with negative values on the table where the financial
system will collect data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms