Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Profitability Manager - Version: 188.8.131.52
This problem can occur on any platform.
FEMAPPR - FEM Approvals
You have setup FEM Approvals as described in <<Note:416231.1>> "How To Define A Simple Security Hierarchy For Workflow For Approval Of Business Rules In Profitability Manager for R11?". However, in Profitability Manager 11i, when you submit a Mapping Rule for approval, no notification is sent to the approver. If you login as "sysadmin" and check the Workflow responsibility, the Status Monitor shows the approver has been notified but the approver does not see any notification their notification list. The workflow background processes are running correctly.
If you run the bde_wf_item.sql diagnostic script (<<Note:187071.1>>), the following is returned under "Error Stack Information":
FEM_UPDATE_APPROVAL_NO_RESP #EXCEPTION -6550
ORA-06550: line 1, column 29:
PLS-00302: component 'UPDATEAPPROVALNORESPOSE' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
Steps to replicate:
- Go to the Profitability Manager responsibility
- Go to Business Rules > Mapping
- Search for a Mapping Rule and submit it for approval
- Log into the E-Business Suite as the rule approver
- Review the notification list - no notification exists even after waiting several minutes
- Log into the E-Business Suite as sysadmin
- Go to the Workflow responsibility
- Go to "Status Monitor"
- The "Status Monitor" indicates the approver has been notified for this rule
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms