Cost Adjustment Amount Doubles On Maintenance Manager Cost Views
(Doc ID 579319.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 1.7.15 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Version 1.7.15 in Production if a process is associated with an asset (and thus the work order
created from the Asset), when a cost adjustment is posted against the work order, the adjustment
amount doubles on the Maintenance Manager Cost Summary and Period Costs Views.
The Adjustment Amount in the Maintenance Manager Cost Views should be the same as the adjustment
amount on the Cost Adjustment record - it should not be double.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Maintenance Manager record (Resource->Maintenance Manager)
2. Create a new Asset. Enter a Process in the process field. Enter the newly created Maintenance Manager in the Maintenance Manager field.
3. Create a Work Order from the Asset using the 'Create Work Order' action on the Asset record
4. Activate the Work Order
5. Create a Cost Adjustment record
Data to be entered in Cost Adjustment detail:
Line 1: Enter the Work Order number. The account number from the Work Order will be displayed.
Enter any expense code. Enter a positive amount to be credited.
Line 2: Enter a different account number than the account on the Work Order. Enter the same expense code as line one.
Enter a negative amount as a debit (same amount as line 1).
6. Approve the Cost Adjustment record
7. Run Batch
8. Check the Work Order Cost Summary. The Actual amount is correct - it is the same as the amount on the cost adjustment record
9. Check the Maintenance Manager Cost Summary and Period Cost Views. The amount is double the cost adjustment amount
The issue has the following business impact:
The costs are inaccurate.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document