Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reviewed and revised for 25-MAR-2010
When a customer has decided not to use Data Collections and Value Chain Planning (aka APS - Advanced Planning and Scheduling) applications, but have run the initial installation processes, then the MLOG and MRP_AD% tables that were created will grow in an uncontrolled manner.
The Data Collection objects do not exist, but this note is being used since some MLOG's that are shared with Data Collections are very large - e.g. MLOG$_BOM% tables.
If the business is no longer going to use these applications, then the objects can be managed using this note.
AND IF the business later changes direction and decides to implement applications that requires Data Collections to be run, then the entities can be easily restored to the system by:
- Set profile MSC: Source Setup Required - Yes (or Y in 11.5.10 and below)
- Run Data Collections and any missing objects will be recreated.
- It is recommended to apply the latest Data Collection patch before recreating objects.
Reference <Note 223026.1> for the latest collection patch (This note provides links to notes for R12.0 and 12.1 Latest Patches Notes)
Symptom that can lead to using this note
- APS/GOP Is Not Used And MLOG Tables Grow Uncontrolled
- MLOG grow until all space is used up
- MRP_AD Tables are growing and rows are never removed
- ATP Data Collection or Planning Data Collection is not used.
- Rare, but also possible is Load/Copy/Merge MDS MRCSAL1 fails with error message -
ORACLE error 12096 in mrlins_insert_mrp_sched_dates
Cause: mrlins_insert_mrp_sched_dates failed due to ORA-12096: error in materialized view log on "MRP"."MRP_SCHEDULE_DATES" ORA-01653: unable to extend table MRP.MLOG$_MRP_SCHEDULE_DATES
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms