Constrained Plan - Planned Orders and Internal Requisitions Suggested To Start Shipping After Planning Time Fence Instead Of When They Are Ready For Shipment
(Doc ID 603918.1)
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:MSCFNSCW.FMB - Planner Workbench
Users are seeing planned order start and completion dates later than expected vs demand on items which are ordered via internal requisitions/internal sales orders with long intransit times. This is best explained with an example:
Org level sourcing rule is setup as follows for Org = JRW:
1. Org level sourcing rule is setup as follows for Org = JRW:
Transfer From Org = NRW - Allocation = 100% - Rank = 1 - Intransit Time = 34 days. This is using a 24x7 calendar for intransit time
2. The above is assigned to the assignment set attached to the ASCP plan for item = 5773A004AA
3. The lead times other than intransit time for this item are as follows in org = JRW:
Preprocessing = 1
Processing = 0
Postprocessing = 1
4. The planning time fence for the plan run for this item shows 27-MAY-2008 (So PTF is set to 9 or 10 days)
5. When looking at Supply Demand for item = 5773A004AA in Org = JRW we see the following:
A. Firm Intransit shipment due 26-MAY-2008 (from an internal requisition)
B. Planned order due 01-JUL-2008 - This planned order is pegged to earlier demand in May but the Suggested Start Date = 26-MAY-2008 which is the same date to receive the earlier intransit shipment
C. If we add the 34 days of intransit we do get the 01-JUL-2008 due date which matches when adding all the leadtime plus intransit. But the question is why is this order starting on 26-MAY-2008 instead of earlier? With a plan run date of 18-MAY-2008 this order could have started on 18-MAY-2008 and been available still outside the planning time fence around Mid June - 2008 so why the delay?
1. Create sourcing rule for an item with transfer from another organization (ie internal requisitions/internal sales orders) with large intransit time. Make sure this item has 9 - 10 day planning time fence setup
2. Run ASCP plan
3. Review results of planned orders in the workbench
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document