Deferred Tax Calculation When Using Detail.Credit_limit_check=1 In Pipeline
Last updated on JULY 23, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 22-Jul-2012***
When a SMS service has free resources for that service usage (free SMS) and another free resource that is decreased 1 per month and has a credit limit of 0 (unlimited flag not set), the account's tax is getting wrongly calculated when the credit limit changes to 1.
A product with service SMS has the following specifications:
1. free resources for that service usage (free SMS).
2. free resource that is decreased 1 per month
3. credit limit of 0 (unlimited flag not set)
When the credit limit is changed to 1 through iScript and SMS usage is done, the balance impacts show the SMS usage amount, the SMS usage amount discounted (because of the free SMS resource) and a negative amount for the discounted taxes. This is a wrong tax calculation.
This scenario happens when the DETAIL.CREDIT_LIMIT_CHECK is set to 1 in the ISC_CreditLimitCheckInitialize.isc iScript. Otherwise, the tax impact amount is zero as expected
Steps To Reproduce
- Create an account and buy a plan.
- Set the credit limit for Monthly Counter resource to 0.
- Make sure the ISC_CreditLimitCheckInitialize.isc iScript contains the following entry function onDetailEdr
- Rate an SMS by calling the PCM_OP_TCF_AAA_STOP_ACCOUNTING opcode.
- Verify balance impacts for the event.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms