Pin_discount_cleanup Grants The Discount Again
(Doc ID 726659.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.1
This problem can occur on any platform.
In a different scenario, it reverted the discount with additional cycle fee.
Suppose the discount has end_t Apr-15 and the account has DOM=1.
1. On Apr 1st when pin_bill_day runs, the proportional amount for the discount is charged to the account's bill (Apr 1 to 15).
2. pin_discount_cleanup was added to pin_bill_day script and runs every day. On Apr 15th when the billing runs, found that it grants the discount amount again.
The following steps lead to additional charge.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Created an account on 6/1, purchased a CF product $100/month. DOM=1.
2. Right after the account, purchased a discount deal (10% discount on cycle fee), modified the purchase/cycle/usage to expire on 6/15 during the purchase.
3. The account balance = $95.33 (bill in progress) (This is correct. discount -$4.67 is applied).
4. Move PVT to 6/15, from apps/pin_billd directory, run pin_discount_cleanup -m close -n 0.
Check the Balance tab. Bill in progress shows $100.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document