Events Generated Before Payment Responsible Account Was Created Are Not Included
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 15-Jul-2011
Checked for relevance on 21-Feb-2013
Some events, even though they contribute to the total of the bill, don’t get passed into PCM_OP_INV_POL_PREP_INVOICE opcode. The reason is they were created for non-paying child accounts before the children joined a newly created parent account.
Let’s take an example: A child account was created on 1st May (account A) and started generating usage (receiving charges). Then, on 15th May new account was created (account B) and was made payment responsible for account A. It is account B that will get the bill, and charges received before 15th May will be included in that bill’s total. The problem is the search performed by PCM_OP_INV_MAKE_INVOICE opcode (core product):
event_t.sys_descr, event_t.rerate_obj_DB, event_t.rerate_obj_ID0, event_t.rerate_obj_TYPE, event_t.rerate_obj_REV, event_t.invoice_data, event_t.timezone_adj_end_t, event_t.rated_timezone_id, event_t.item_obj_DB, event_t.item_obj_ID0, event_t.item_obj_TYPE, event_t.item_obj_REV from event_t, item_t where item_t.poid_ID0 = event_t.item_obj_ID0 and (( item_t.ar_bill_obj_ID0 = 160682248 ) or ( item_t.ar_billinfo_obj_ID0 = 160685576 and item_t.ar_bill_obj_db = 0 and item_t.effective_t >= 1210543201 and item_t.effective_t < 1212271201 )) and event_t.created_t >= 1210543200 and event_t.created_t <= 1213402927 and event_t.poid_type in( select type_str from config_invoice_event_types_t where obj_id0 = 102 )
It selects only events that were created after payment responsible account was created.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create an account A on 1st May 2008
2. Generate some billable events on 10th May 2008 (for account A)
3. Create an account B on 15th May 2008
4. Make account B parent of account A
5. Make payment method of account A 'Paid by Parent' and decide that the parent will pay the charges already generated
6. Generate some billable events on 20th May 2008 (for account A)
7. Set pin_virtual_time to 1st June 2008
8. Run pin_bill_accts
9. For the bill that was generated for account B run PCM_OP_INV_MAKE_INVOICE opcode to capture input flist for PCM_OP_INV_POL_PREP_INVOICE
10. See that events created in point 6 are present in that flist
11. See that events created in point 2 are NOT PRESENT in that flist
12. Note that PIN_FLD_BILLINFO.PIN_FLD_SUBORDS_TOTAL reflects the sum of all the events, which is according to the expectations.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms