Events Generated Before Payment Responsible Account Was Created Are Not Included
(Doc ID 727059.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Some events, even though they contribute to the total of the bill, do not get passed into PCM_OP_INV_POL_PREP_INVOICE opcode. The reason is due to these events were created for non-paying child accounts before the children joined a newly created parent account.
For example: A child account was created on 1st May (account A) and started generating usage (receiving charges). Then on 15th May new account was created (account B) and made payment responsible for account A. It is account B that will get the bill, and charges received before 15th May will be included in that bill’s total. The problem is the search performed by PCM_OP_INV_MAKE_INVOICE opcode (core product):
It selects only events that were created after payment responsible account was created.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create an account A on 1st May 2008
2. Generate some billable events on 10th May 2008 (for account A)
3. Create an account B on 15th May 2008
4. Make account B parent of account A
5. Make payment method of account A 'Paid by Parent' and decide that the parent will pay the charges already generated
6. Generate some billable events on 20th May 2008 (for account A)
7. Set pin_virtual_time to 1st June 2008
8. Run pin_bill_accts
9. For the bill that was generated for account B run PCM_OP_INV_MAKE_INVOICE opcode to capture input flist for PCM_OP_INV_POL_PREP_INVOICE
10. See that events created in point 6 are present in that flist
11. See that events created in point 2 are NOT PRESENT in that flist
12. Note that PIN_FLD_BILLINFO.PIN_FLD_SUBORDS_TOTAL reflects the sum of all the events, which is according to the expectations.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document