Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.3.1]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows
***Checked for relevance on 21-May-2010***
***Checked for relevance on 29-Jan-2016***
Unexpected debug message filled up dm_oracle.pinlog file and led to BRM system performance degradation on Windows platform.
'pin_bill_accts' performance degraded after it's running for 7-10 minutes. When pin_bill_accts was initiated, it performed around 40-50 records per second (rps). After 7-10 minutes, it degraded to 9-11 rps. Even without dm_debug, dm_debug2, dm_debug3 setting in dm_oracle/pin.conf file, or their environment variable setting, dm_oracle.pinlog file was full of debug messages. When the file size reaches to several GB, the performance slowness was observed. After clean up dm_oracle.pinlog file, regained performance without restarting the processes.
This problem is observed not only when MTA applicate pin_bill_accts was running, it also happens to other applications or operations like creating accounts.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create many accounts in the system
2. Use pin_virtual_time to advance the date for billing
3. Run bill_bill_accts with pay type 10001
4. Monitor number of records processed per second by counting the actg_next_t processed.
5. Check dm_oracle.pinlog file content and file size when performance slow down.
6. Clean dm_oracle.pinlog file, monitor the number of records processes again.
Or looping the testnap call for PCM_OP_CUST_COMMIT_CUSTOMER to create many accounts instead of running billing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms