Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
If rate has multiple balance impacts with different settings for proratable flag, wrong values are set in PIN_FLD_CYCLE_INFO.PIN_FLD_SCALE in /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_bimonthly.
Scale should be set as computed during rating by proration mechanism but value 1 is set. This results in data corruption, for example wrong refunds generation when product is cancelled.
1. Create cycle forward fee with multiple balance impacts (One currency and two non-currency resources for example)
Set proration for purchase and cancel to "Calculate the charge based on amount used."; for first balance impact select proratable flag (highest in list) and for last balance impact don't select proratable flag.
2. Create account with some dummy plan.
3. Purchase configured offer after few days from Account creation.
4. Check fields PIN_FLD_CYCLE_INFO.PIN_FLD_SCALE in created event object: /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_bimonthly
5. Cancel the configured product and check the refunds.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms