Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
When the pin_rerate -process jobs (STEP-1) started, it notifies the rating pipeline (By enqueing the message in the Queue IFW_QUEUE_1_T) that rerating is starting, and sets the rerate job status to 2.
At this point rating pipeline dequeues the message and suspends new EDRs for the accounts and immediately it will send an acknowledgment event to the queue IFW_QUEUE_ACK_1_T.
Once the event is successfully dequeued by the pin_rerate, it will change the status of the rerating job to 3 and continue the remaining rerating steps.
While executing the defect's reproduction steps,
- once the rating pipeline is stopped, and started executing the rerating steps, it is observed that, the event sent by the pin_rerate is still in the Queue IFW_QUEUE_1_T,
- and once after restarting the rating pipeline, that event is dequeued successfully by the rating pipeline and immediately rating pipeline not able to send the acknowledgment event to the Queue IFW_QUEUE_ACK_1_T.
Hence the pin_rerate is not able to change the status of the job from 2 to 3 and resulting in the rerating job status is left at 2 only till completion of all rerating steps.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1) Create a GSM subscriber with a deal that has a telephony product on Jan-1st 2009.
2) Generate some usages by passing CDRs on Jan-10th.
3) On Jan-20th do the back dated deal cancellation with END_T as Jan-8th.
4) Verify that a rerating job request should be created with status as 1
5) Now stop the ifw pipeline.
6) Execute all the 5 steps by using the pin_rerate utility and observed that the status of the rerating job request is 2 only.
7) Now start the ifw pipeline.
8) Again execute all the 5 steps of rerating by pin_rerate utility.
-- Business Impact:
pin_rerate is not successful after restarting the ifw pipeline
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms