The Rollover Is Getting Extended Even After Product Has Expired.
Last updated on OCTOBER 21, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 126.96.36.199.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
Rollover should not work once the product expires.
Here is a Scenario which explains the issue
1) Create a product with monthly cycle forward event, and granting 500 non-currency resource monthly. Set the Relative Cycle Offset to 1.
2) Add a new event type: "Monthly Cycle Rollover" event and set the Maximum number of rollovers allowed to 2
3) Create a deal and add the above product and set the Cycle_End = 3 Cycles.
4) Purchase the deal(Say July 1). There will be 500 minutes for the month of
July-August,and in the account_products_t, we will see the product expires
after 3 cycles(Oct 1)
5) Bill on Aug 1. We will see there will be 500 minutes for the month of
August-September and 500 will be rolled over from July to August.
6) Bill on Sep 1. We will see there will be 500 minutes for the month of
September-October and 500 will be rolled over from August to September(Valid
till October) and another 500 minutes will be rolled over from July to September(Valid till October).
7) Once we bill on October 1, there will not be any 500 minutes which will be
granted due to cycle forward(which is correct), as the product is expired, but
the is a rollover(500 minutes) happening from August which is valid till
November 1 and another rollover(500 minutes) happening from September which is
valid till November 1.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms