Unable To Load Data Using Import File ORA-01858
(Doc ID 737623.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Demantra Demand Management - Version 7.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
On 7.1.1 :
When attempting to populate T_SRC_SALES_LOC_ITEM table, using Integration interface the following error occurs:
Record 2: Rejected - Error on table T_SRC_SALES_LOC_ITEM, column SDATE.
Field in data file exceeds maximum length
Record 1: Rejected - Error on table T_SRC_SALES_LOC_ITEM, column SDATE.
ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to the Business Modeler > Tools>Import File
2. Create a new Integration Interface.
3. Create an Import Profile for importing the data from a CSV file.
4. Execute the import profile created in step 3 from the following path:
Demantra Root>Demand Planner>Desktop>Import_Profile_Created_in_Step3.BAT
5. Check the "T_SRC_SALES_LOC_ITEM" & "T_SRC_SALES_LOC_ITEM" files.Both are empty.
6. The log file indicates that the data length in the source exceeds the length of the column
(Date column in our case).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document