Page Close.Html Throws An HTTP 404 Page Not Found Error
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2016
Applies to:Adverse Event Reporting System - Version 4.6.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 08-FEB-2011***
***Checked for relevance on 06-Sep-2012***
AERS application timeout settings have been correctly defined e.g.
- Navigate to the Global Maintenance Tab
- Click on the [System Parameters] tab.
- Under Control ID, scroll down to INACTIVITY_TIMEOUT. (This value determines the amount of time before the application closes). Set this to the required timeout value e.g. 600 ( 600 Seconds / 10 mins)
- Under Control ID, scroll down to WARNING_TIMEOUT. (This value determines the amount of time that a user is inactive before displaying the Timeout screen). Set this to the required time in seconds e.g 600
- Close Global Maintenance Console.
Once application has been inactive for the designated time the timeout will occur prompting user with a message screen similar to below:
AERS will exit in 10 seconds and all unsaved changes will be lost.
When no user ID / Password entry is supplied in requested timeout period (600 seconds in this example),
then URL to log-out of application is called e.g :
However this does not occur gracefully and page results in the error below:
HTTP 404 Not Found
The webpage cannot be found
Application however exits as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms