Resource Requirements Are Not Calculated For Legacy Collected Resources In ECC Constrained ASCP Plan Or Rapid Planning Plans
(Doc ID 739685.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Rapid Planning - Version 12.1.1 and later
Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:MSCFNSCW.FMB - Planner Workbench
On 22.214.171.124 or later release, in Pre-Production:
Users are running an ECC constrained plan. Items/Resources/BOMs/Routings are imported via
Legacy Data Collections. After they run the plan they notice a particular problem. Resource requirements
are not calculated when collected through legacy data collections.
Items/resources/routings collected through standard collection, from a source instance, have their resources calculated as expected. Furthermore the resource constraints are not respected at all. They do not have any Resource constraint or Use of alternate resource exceptions as expected. It does show that
Resource Availability is calculated, just not the Resource Requirements
Update: 13-FEB-2018 This problem can also occur in Rapid Planning plans
Expect resource calculations to be performed by the ASCP Engine and shown properly in the ASCP workbench
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Import Items/Resources/BOMs/Routings via Legacy Collections
2. Run regular data collections to pick up item/routings/resources data from regular 11.5.9 source
3. Run ASCP constrained plan
4. See that data collected via standard collections have the resource requirements correctly
5. See that data collected via Legacy collections do not have the resource requirements correctly
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document