Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.1 [Release 7.0.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 06-Feb-2013***
A discount is configured to aggregate 100% of the non-currency resource (R1) granted by the cycle_forward event into another non-currency resource (R2). The balance impact of the cycle event is a grant of say 100 to R1. Both the product and the discounts are set prorated. When purchasing the product and the discount, the values of the non-currency resources (R1 and R2) are getting populated correctly as -100 and -100. The issue is when canceling the product in the middle of the cycle. It generates a +ve value to reduce balance of R1 (correct) but discount gives –ve value for R2 instead of +ve. So R2 value becomes -150, however the expectation is a prorated amount of -50.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a product (/service/ip) with cycle forward event impacting a non currency resource (1000096) with -100.
2. Configure a discount rule which would aggregate 100% of this non-currency resource (1000096) to another non-currency resource (1000090).
3. Create an account by purchasing this product and later the discount object at account level.
4. Move PVT (pin_virtual_time) by say 15 days forward and cancel the cycle forward product through Customer Center.
5. Observe instead of reducing the balance of resource 1000090 with 50 so the balance becomes -50 (depends on the number of days prorated), it is increased to -150.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms