Event Not Split Across Rate Tiers When Rated Quantity Exceeds Rate Tier 1
(Doc ID 744268.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 188.8.131.52.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 28-May-2010***
Checked for relevance on 28-Nov-2011
Product defines two rate tiers. When usage event is submitted that spans both rate tiers, the
remainder of the un-rated usage portion does not trigger the second rate tier to bill for coverage.
Product configuration :
- Cycle Forward Event:
- impact resource R1 with scaled amount 1.
- Custom Usage Event has a RATE structure (Quantity Discount Brackets) based on resource balance of R1:
- 1 - 'No Maximum' : Reduce R1 by 1 (scaled amount = -1)
- 'No Minimum' - 1 : Charge USD $12; Impact R2 with scaled amount 1
- Cycle Fold Event: fold R1 and R2
- Account is created, the account has balance of R1 = 1. R2 = 0. Correct.
- Pass a rating event(through UEL) with event quantity 4, the 2nd tier is not triggered for the spillover usage of 3.
- Actual result : USD = 0, R1 = 0, R2 = 0.
- Expected result : USD = 36, R1 = 0, R2 = 3.
- When a 2nd rating event with quantity of 6 is passed, the event is correctly rated as the 2nd usage has the following impact:
- USD = 72, R1 = 0, R2 = 6.
- However, the expected result of both events together is USD = 108, R1 = 0, R2 = 9.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document