Delayed Session Event Cannot Appear In First Bill For Multiple Pre-created Items
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 18.104.22.168.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
Custom usage items (pre-created) don't appear in the current bill but next, in the following circumstances:
- There are multiple pre-created usage items configured in config_item_types.xml
- 'config_billing_delay' is set for CM and pin_billd pin.conf
- An account had purchased a product with multiple such custom events (items).
The usage charges of the second pre-created item don't show in the first bill and instead the charges appear in the second bill.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In config_item_types.xml file, configure multiple custom usage items like /item/usage and /item/voice with <ItemType precreate="true"...</ItemType>, and load the xml file with load_config_item_types.
2. Create an account say 1 Jan, set 'config_billing_delay' to 1 for billing.
3. Load some usage.
4. Move PVT (pin_virtual_time) to 2 Feb and do the billing. Observe the usage item charges are not reflected in the bill.
5. Move PVT to next billing cycle and run billing. Observe the usage charges of first billing cycle are in the 2nd bill.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms