Pseudo Currency Resource Balance Though Available, Call Is Not Authorized
Last updated on APRIL 18, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.1 [Release 7.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 06-Dec-2012***
During AAA authorization (eg gsm authorization), discount does not consume free units when DRUM is a charge.
Business offer is to discount the charge using Free Credit (2 Euros).
- Available free credit = 2 Euros
- Rating determines a charge of 0.15 Euros for a call of 60 seconds
- Discount consumes 0.15 Euros out of available 2 free credit
- Discounted charges is 0 Euro and 0.15 are debited from free credit.
Note that free units represent monetary resource but not number of minutes.
If the requested quantity (eg 600 seconds) is greater than available units (2 Euros), discount is not correctly computed. Only part of free credit is used.
If the requested quantity is less than available units, discount is correct.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Define one Resource "Free Credit" (300000002) which represents a kind of voucher example 2
- Define a product which rates telephony service 0.15 / minute
- Define a discount which discounts charge while there is "Free Credit" (see below)
- BAL(Free Credit) < 0
- DRUM = TotalC (not TotalQ)
- DRUM type = Charge
- Rule Type = Continuous
- Step 1: From 0 to BAL(Free Credit):
Euro = Euro - 100% StepC (discount charge)
Free Credit = Free Credit +100% StepC (consume free credit)
- BAL(Free Credit) = -2
Authorization/stop accounting for 60 seconds.
Expected results: 0.15 is debited from Free Credit resource.
- Ok for stop_accounting.
- Ok for authorization: only a part of free credit is used.
In discount trace, we observed that realtime discount uses TotalQ (60) instead of TotalC (0.15) to determine if it must split the charges according to
available Free Credit (2).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms