Managing Excess Inventory - Sequence Of PO Pegging To Demand In A Day
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We have a PO with multiple distributions
Planning while pegging to the Planned Orders is just using the distribution sequence and appears to not be looking at quantity.
So we are sometimes getting situations where system suggests pegging to excess instead of cancellations
- PO line for 10
- shipments are split 3, 3, 3, and 1
- All lines are rescheduled out in the plan output
- For 06-Oct-2009, we see demand of 3 and two shipments -
- qty 1 is pegged,
- then qty 3 has 2 pegged to demand and one to excess
- Create Po with multiple distributions for same day.
- Create demands lower than the Supplies.
- We get situations where the PO distributions are only pegged in order of distribution and not based on Qty
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms