ORA-01891: Datetime/Interval internal Error for AERS Users Querying in SQL when Setting User Timezone To EST5EDT
(Doc ID 753656.1)
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2018
Applies to:Adverse Event Reporting System - Version 4.6.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users with a timezone of EST5EDT in AERS receive the following error message when attempting to
run a SQL query as this same user in SQL Navigator or SQL plus: ORA-01891: Datetime/Interval internal error
Queries run successfully if the timezone is changed to a number (e.g. -4.00)
- Log into Oracle AERS 4.6.1.x session as user e.g. SUPERUSER
- Admin Console
- [User Profile]
- Locate your user Group e.g. GLOBAL_SAFETY
- Expand Group to locate your user e.g. SUPERUSER
- Place cursor on 'Timezone' field and select LOV (F9) #
- Select EST5EDT from available LOV
- Start a SQL*Plus session or SQL Navigator session on your client
- Log in as SUPERUSER/PASSWORD@YOURDATABASE (188.8.131.52)
- Issue the following command:
SQL> select * from aers1.ae_cases;
- This results in the error:
ORA-01891: Datetime/Interval internal error
no rows selected
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!