Two Bills Gathered On The Same Invoice
(Doc ID 753871.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a custom implementation, two bill objects are sometimes generated with the same timestamp (created_t). In this situation, when running pin_inv_accts, one invoice is generated from both bills.
Steps To Reproduce:
Consider the below scenario to understand the issue :
- Note : Virtual time (mode 1) is used to simulate the issue, that is to ensure two bills are generated in the same second.
-create a deal_1 with purchase fee of 10$
-create a deal_2 with purchase fee of 20$
1) create an account with dummy plan.
2) set virtual time in mode 1 : 1st october 2008 12:00
3) purchase deal_1
4) make bill_now , bill B1-293(for example) is generated , balance =10$
5) purchase deal_2
6) make bill now , bill B1-294(for example) is generated , balance =20$
7) set virtual time in mode 2 : 5th october 2008 11:00
8) run "pin_inv_accts -start 10/01/2008 -verbose"
9) check the invoice generated for bill say B1-293.
A) Due amount is fine because it comes from the bill amount.
B) But under the Item summary of the invoice B1-293, we see items that belong to both bills. We should only get details from B1-293 bill.
To illustrate the same:
Item No.<> Description <> $Total
B1-294,2 <> Usage <> 20.00 <------ Not expected
B1-293,2 <> Usage <> 10.00
B1-294,1 <> Usage <> 0.00 <------- Not expected
B1-293,1 <> Usage <> 0.00
C) Similarly in the Event Details, we see both purchase fee events : We should only get details from B1-293 bill.
To illustrate the same :
Date <> Description <> Rate <> Description <> $ Total
Jun 01 2009<>Purchase Fees(srvc)(srvc): <> CF_pur_fee_2 <> Rate 1 <> 20.00 <------ Not expected
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document