Deal Transitions Do Not Work On Newly Created Accounts
(Doc ID 755029.1)
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Receive a PIN_ERR_VALIDATION_FAILED error on newly created accounts while doing a deal transition.
Have a group of deals which define the allowed data speed of the service. OP_Data_Speed_9.6kbps, OP_Data_Speed_32kbps, ...64kbps, ..128kbps. Each deal has a transition configured in the Pricing Center to upgrade or downgrade to higher or lower speeds.
This is affecting accounts where multiple deals are purchased at once via a plan option. The
package_id is the same for all these deals. The problem only occurs when there are multiple
discounts on the account. If you create the account with a single discount, there is no issue.
Steps To Reproduce: -
1. In Pricing Center, create set of deals with upgrade/downgrade transitions for /service/telco/gsm. Also create several GSM deals with a discount.
2. Create a Plan Option to include all above deals as optional deals.
3. In Customer Center, create an account with the option plan. Select all the deals in the purchase box.
4. After an account is created, Go to Plan tab and click Purchase button. Then select "transition to new deal" under Purchase option. Select an available deal for upgrading. Click Finish.
5. Customer Center shows the "Cannot complete the purchase, See your Portal System Administration." error message.
6. In cm.pinlog. it shows PIN_ERR_VALIDATION_FAILED error message.
DEAL_OBJ is required to uniquely identify the deal.
E Mon Sep 15 16:31:25 2008 istcdev01 cm:14761 fm_subscription_transition_deal.c:821
<field num=PIN_FLD_DEAL_OBJ:7,245 recid=0 reserved=0 reserved2=0 time(sec:usec)=0:0>
<facility=0 msg_id=0 version=0>
The same error is reported using either Customer Center or testnap script:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document