Sales and Return Transactions Not Persisting To The Back Office Database Due to SQL Error Code '72000' & '17002'
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 184.108.40.206 to 13.1.1 [Release 12.0 to 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Retail Point-Of-Service - Version: 220.127.116.11 to 12.0.9
Sometimes return and sales transactions go missing from the Backoffice database when the database system goes offline.
Steps to Reproduce:
Scenario 1 :
1. Perform a sales transaction and link a new customer by creating new customer.
2. Perform a return using the same customer from step 1.
3. Get the SQL Queries from logs.
4. Now perform a sale and link a customer by reusing the customer created in step 1.
5. Get the Update query that was identified in step 3, and run one of the update queries (similar to the following) WITH AUTOCOMMIT set to FALSE
6. Do multiple transactions using the same customer, keeping track of all transaction numbers.
7. Check the store server database and see if all the transactions made it to the database. Some transactions will be missing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms