Last updated on JUNE 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 220.127.116.11 to 13.1.1 [Release 12.0 to 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Retail Point-Of-Service - Version: 18.104.22.168 to 12.0.9
Sometimes return and sales transactions go missing from the Backoffice database when the database system goes offline.
Steps to Reproduce:
Scenario 1 :
1. Perform a sales transaction and link a new customer by creating new customer.
2. Perform a return using the same customer from step 1.
3. Get the SQL Queries from logs.
4. Now perform a sale and link a customer by reusing the customer created in step 1.
5. Get the Update query that was identified in step 3, and run one of the update queries (similar to the following) WITH AUTOCOMMIT set to FALSE
6. Do multiple transactions using the same customer, keeping track of all transaction numbers.
7. Check the store server database and see if all the transactions made it to the database. Some transactions will be missing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms