Receiving of an Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN), Type of 'T'ransfer, Breakdown Functionality Not Completely Working
Last updated on MAY 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance 23-Mar-2012
Checked for relevance Sept 2013
When receiving an Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN), transfer ('T') type container containing more than 4 different items, breaking down the fifth item into a new container is causing issues. The fifth item is not decrementing from the original container, and the user is returned to the ASN/UCC Receiving screen to enter the next container ID to be received. Thus the remaining items in the container are not able to be broken down. Upon further testing, an issue occurs when attempting to leave the last item in the original container (doubling inventory). This resolution will address this issue also.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start with an ASN, 'T', with one container, having eleven items in it. The CONTAINER_ITEM record will have the CONTAINER_QTY of 1 for each item.
2. Create an appointment and associate the ASN to the appointment. Set the door to the appointment as well.
3. Print the receiving labels.
4. In the Radio Frequency (RF) screen, navigate to the Receiving menu.
5. Enter the APPT_NBR and the DOOR_ID.
7. Enter container ID to be received. Note that the screen is populated with the ITEMS field showing 'MULTIPLE'.
8. F2-BRKDWN. You are taken to the Pallet Break Down screen. The items are listed with the container quantity showing as well.
9. F2-BRKDWN. You are taken to the next canvas where the Item is displayed and the CONTAINER_QTY is pre-populated. In this case, the CONTAINER_QTY is 1; leave it as is.
10. Enter the To CONTAINER_ID.
11. F4-Done. You are taken back to the Pallet Break Down screen, with the item just broken out removed from the screen. The rest of the items in the container are shown.
12. Check the Container/CONTAINER_ITEM table for the new container ID, and note that the item has been created for the new container and removed from the 'from container'.
13. Repeat the process. On the fifth item to be broken down, when F4-Done is pressed, the screen shown is the ASN UCC RECEIVING screen.
14. Review of the data shows that the fifth container broken down, and the item created for it. However, it was not removed from the From Container, and the rest of the items in the 'From container' are received with no ability to break it down at receiving time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms