Product Priority Issue
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.1 [Release 7.2.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 09-Aug-2012***
***Checked for relevance on 26-Jul-2016***
-- Problem Statement:
Products are not rated as per the priority set. Products are getting rated the order in which
they added to the deal. The expected result is product A should be rated first and then product B.
The business scenarios is as follows.
1. Need to charge customers a monthly fee of $9.95 and a surcharge of $1.99 ( The amount various
based on business requirements)
2. Using 2 products to do this. One product will charge 9.95 and the other product will charge 1.99
3. If the user get a Free month credit, then there should not be any charge means should not
charge either $9.95 or $1.99.
4. Both products use resource (Free month) based rate tier to achieve this.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create below products
Product A - Charges $9.95/Month (cycle_forward) Priority 100
Product B - Charges $1.99/Month (cycle_forward) Priority 0.
2. Created deal by Adding Product B first and then Product A
3. Purchase the deal for an account.
4. Run Billing
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms