Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Oracle Solaris on x86 (32-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (32-bit)
Sun Solaris x86 (32-bit)Sun Solaris SPARC (32-bit)
Checked for relevance on 15-Jul-2012***
Using service ERAs to rate custom prices at billing time, when any subscribed offer contains two deal/products on distinct services, owning an ERA for each service, the opcode PCM_OP_RATE_GET_ERAS (called RATE_POL_PROCESS_ERAS) returns inconsistent results.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Create a new account with Customer Center, subscribing the plan XX
- Change virtual time to next Billing Day of Month (BDOM )
- Run billing
- Create a service ERA (opcode PCM_OP_CUST_CREATE_PROFILE), for the first service (e.g., CX /service xplus ).
- Create another service ERA (opcode PCM_OP_CUST_CREATE_PROFILE), for the 2nd service (e.g., CY /service materiel).
- Change virtual time to next Billing Day Of Month
- Run billing
- Look into CM_Billing log, policy PCM_OP_RATE_POL_PROCESS_ERA, calling the opcode op_rate_get_eras
-- First time, op_rate_get_eras gets the service-related ERA (/service/group/materiel), to rate a Cycle Forward event on the service materiel. the ERA cache is well updated, and "materiel" ERA is well returned. OK.
-- later, op_rate_get_eras is called to get the service-related ERA (/service/group/xplus), and the ERA cache is used and gets unexpectedly the ERA "materiel" instead of the ERA "xplus".
The issue is that the user can't bill in the same transaction for two products with their distinct ERA.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms