Pin_collect Utility Collects Payments For Accounts Even Though Checkpoint Is Set
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2011
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 22.214.171.124.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 08-Aug-2011
"pin_collect" looks for checkpoints but does nothing with the results. If the user stops the fusa_server and run pin_collect, it will continue to collect payments for the same account(s).
Note: The "pin_collect" should not process the accounts with checkpoints outstanding. The 999 are checkpoints where manual checking needs to be done to continue process.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create a credit account. on 01/01/08
2. Change PVT = (i.e 02/01/08) next month and run pin_bill_accts to make sure there is balance due in the account (i.e pin_bill_accts -active -pay_type 10003 -verbose).
3. Change the value to 1 (e.g. - answer_b drop_line 1) in $PIN_HOME/apps/fusa_server/pin.conf , so that check point will be set.
4. Restart answer
5. Run pin_collect on 02/01/08 (e.g. pin_collect -active -pay_type -10003 -vender fusa -verbose).
6. Check the account balance, the payment should not apply since check point is applied.
7. Change the value to 0 (e.g. - answer_b drop_line 0) in $PIN_HOME/apps/fusa_server/pin.conf , restart the server and run pin_collect. Payment is happening even though check point is there to the account.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms